Please join us for a pack hike this Saturday at 1:45pm, it’s forecasted to be excellent weather and there will even be a steam train ride! details are below RSVP on evite: http://evite.me/
Tilden Vollmer Peak hike (and Redwood Valley Railway steam train)
On Feb 22nd we’ll be doing a hike in Tilden Park (in the Berkeley hills).
The hike will take us to Vollmer peak, which is 1.8 miles from the trailhead (thus 3.6 mile round trip).
Elevation gain is under 500 feet and the view at the top should afford us a great view where we can see SF, the bay and surrounding areas.
We anticipate the hike to take about 2 hours, after which time (time permitting) we can optionally take a 12 minute small-gauge train ride through Tilden (https://redwood-valley-
- Date: Feb 22nd
- Meeting Time: 1:45pm (we will gather and hike exactly at 2pm)
- Location: 2501 Grizzly Peak Blvd (at the corner of Grizzly Blvd and Lomas Cantadas)
Google Maps directions:
Danville, CA 94506 to Redwood Valley Railway (Tilden Steam Train). When you turn left from Lomas Cantadas, continue past the parking lot on the left and when you met the form in the road, turn left and park in the upper parking lot.
This will place you at the parking lot right (purpler arrow) next to the trailhead (yellow star).
we will take the trail from there to Vollmer peak:
As always, please remember to:
- dress in layers. Berkeley Hills can become windy. Shaded areas could be cold, specially when riding the train.
- pack your favorite snacks and water for hydration.
- there is no parking fee required for this location.
For any last minute issues please call Mehdi or Vandy. (Phone reception is generally good in Berkeley Hills.)
RSVP on evite: http://evite.me/
See you there!
Mehdi & Vandy